Saturday, July 25, 2009

Texas Trip

Sorry this has taken me FOREVER to post our pics from the Texas trip. Todd and I had so much fun being able to stay with Ben and Chelsea. They were definitely the hostesses with the mostesses. Chelsea is one FABULOUS cook and spoiled us every day with delicious meals and treats. She is so talented when it comes to changing recipes into a "healthier" version. Unless she told you, you would never know the difference! Yummm! I miss those chocolate chip zucchini muffins! :) It was such a treat to be able to take a break from our routine busy lives and just spend time relaxing, lounging by the pool and watching movies until the late hours of the night. We miss you both so much and hopefully soon, will be back in Texas. Chelsea, you will have to make me those "Pina Colada" cupcakes next time I am there!!!

Todd and I- Self Portrait Shot Day 1

We all took a little road trip to Kemah one day. Needless to say, I got a speeding ticket on the way there and may now have a "warrant" for my arrest in the Lonestar State. OOops! It was very hot and humid that day, but we had a nice time at Joes Crab Shack and wondering around for a couple hours.

Todd and I took a little road trip to Galveston Island, situated on the Gulf of Mexico. We stayed at the Historic Hotel Galvez. The city of Galveston was pretty much in shambles, but our hotel didn't appear to have suffered any damage from Hurricane Ike. Before arriving in Galveston, Todd and I did a little research and found that our hotel was apparently haunted by a woman who committed suicide after learning of her husbands death at sea. We never saw this mysterious ghost, but did sleep with one eye open the first night. A few blocks from our hotel were streets lined with shopping, amazing architecture, and a rich in history. We found that most people were very friendly. Southern hospitality isn't just a saying, but a way of life down in Texas...something I think us PNW people should really work on adapting. There is a lot construction in Galveston, as many of the boardwalk shops were completely destroyed and swept away after the hurricane hit. Many of the stores and restaurants had a line marked on the wall from the heigth of the flooding. From what we could tell, 6-7ft was about average.


On our back to Ben and Chelsea's from Galveston, Todd and I decided to take a little visit to Houston Space Center...aka NASA. The most impressive part of the tour, for me, was just how HUGE the shuttles actually are. We took a 2 hour tram ride through the grounds of NASA. First stop on our tour was the mission control room where the famous words "Houston, we have a problem" were first uttered.



All of us...last day! SAD!!! Love you guys! Xo, Crystal and Todd


2 comments:

  1. Miss you guys! It was so fun to have you here, you have to come back soon! You are quite the photographer, those are some cool pics! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chelsea! I have some more pics to post. But after 2 hrs of just doing this blog, I figured I better not spend the ENTIRE day online. Love you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete